Machu Picchu is an ancient Incan citadel located in the Andes Mountains in Peru. It was built in the 15th century and remained hidden from the outside world until it was discovered by American explorer Hiram Bingham in 1911.
The site is situated on a mountain ridge, 2,430 meters above sea level, and is surrounded by lush forests and steep cliffs. It is believed to have been used as a royal retreat for the Incan emperor Pachacuti.
- Machu Picchu Full Day Tour
- Machu Picchu Tour – 2 Day
- Machu Picchu Tour + Maras Salt Mines – 2 Days
- Machu Picchu Tour + Sacred Valley Tour – 3 Days Valley
- Machu Picchu Tour – 4 Days
- Machu Picchu Tour – 5 Days
- Machu Picchu Tour – 6 Days
- Machu Picchu Photo Tour – 6 Days
- Machu Picchu by Belmond Hiram Bingham Train
Machu Picchu is divided into two main sections: the agricultural and urban sectors. The agricultural sector includes terraces and fields where crops were grown, while the urban sector includes temples, palaces, and residential areas.
One of the most famous structures in Machu Picchu is the Intihuatana Stone, which was used by the Incas as a sundial and astronomical observatory. Other notable structures include the Temple of the Sun, the Room of the Three Windows, and the Temple of the Condor.
Today, Machu Picchu is a popular tourist destination and attracts millions of visitors every year. However, due to concerns about preservation, the number of visitors allowed per day is limited, and visitors must follow strict guidelines to protect the site.
Machu Picchu is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site and is considered one of the most important archaeological sites in South America.
How to Hire Guide Machu Picchu?
If you’re planning to visit Machu Picchu and would like to hire a guide, there are a few options available:
- Book a tour: Many tour operators offer guided tours of Machu Picchu that include transportation, entrance fees, and a professional guide. You can research and book these tours in advance through travel agencies, online booking platforms, or on-site at Cusco or Aguas Calientes.
- Hire a guide on-site: You can hire a guide at the entrance of Machu Picchu or in Aguas Calientes. It’s important to ensure that the guide is licensed by the Peruvian government and speaks your preferred language.
- Research and book in advance: If you prefer to plan your Machu Picchu visit independently, you can research licensed guides in advance and contact them to arrange a private tour. You can find guides through online directories, travel forums, or referrals from other travelers.
Regardless of the option you choose, make sure to communicate your preferences and expectations clearly to the guide, and clarify any questions or concerns you may have in advance.